I take it all back...
It was a delightful weekend and the party was lovely.
Last night, my stepsister looked so pretty, so happy, and her friends were a very nice bunch of singletons. It made me want to move the hell out of this dead little town and go somewhere that there are actually single people over 30 who have real jobs. Oh, and she changed her mind about the boys and they were allowed to stay for the party...not that we saw them the whole night because they holed up in Grandpa's study and played games on his computer...
One of her guests, a guy she dated for a short time and who now falls on her "just friends" list (don't get me started there, I'm getting clearer and clearer on what "just friends" really means when Crash says it...), turned out to be someone I knew when I was 17...and he remembered me more than I remembered him. We both worked at Kings Island...he was a security guard, which in the KI Employee Caste System was higher up the food chain than I believed I was ever worthy of. Anyway, we talked most of the night, I think he was even flirting a little bit, and my stepsister told me when I left to drive back to Nothing-Good-Ever-Happens-Here-Ville that she was going to be sure to talk up the fact that this town is only two hours from where he lives. I told her I appreciated the gesture, but the real benefit of having run into him is that I got the ego boost that I need to start ending the game with Crash once and for all. There really are some single men out there. Just not here. Maybe it's time to work on that issue too. That's another blog entry...
I realized last night how much of a blessing my stepmom and stepsiblings really are. They may be pushy and overbearing, but they do love me and my kids, and I love them too. It's good we don't all do things the same way, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment