Monday, January 15, 2007

I decluttered my butt off this weekend....

I spent about 12 hours at work this weekend, cleaning up loose ends, sorting through the piles of paper and files on my desk(s), and organizing my materials for one of my projects that has a bunch of deadlines hitting in the next two weeks.

I spent 5.5 hours cleaning out the mountains of Happy Meal toys and related debris from both boys' bedrooms today, weeded closets and dressers, organized all the stuff for their uniforms that they will start wearing next Monday.

I took 8 bags of trash out. I have four tubs of clothes to go to charity and the resale shop.

I should feel like a weight has been lifted off of me, shouldn't I? But I'm just so damn tired....hopefully when I hit the office tomorrow, the work I did this weekend will feel like it's paying off....

Crash stopped over to bring chili that he made this weekend for the boys and I. We had a beer and watched Colbert and realized it will be February 9th before we have a kid free weekend again. He had asked me to go to Sarasota with him this coming weekend....he has a trade show...at the Ritz-Carlton....and I want to go SO badly, but it's the worst possible weekend....big district leadership meeting on Friday that I would miss, and the kids start at their new school on Monday, and I have a training session starting on Tuesday. And now, not only will I NOT get to have vacation sex with him and drink lots of margaritas and walk on the beach, but it will be a month before we get to have any real time together at all. Bleh. Dating as a divorced parent really sucks sometimes. I'm glad he and I have the same priorities about it...at least he's not making me feel guilty for not going.

No comments: