Saturday, September 15, 2007

Heap big changes....

After months of being completely miserable at work, I have a new job! And it's a really great one...I'm working full time for the not-for-profit that I was working for as a consultant, from home. I feel like I've died and gone to heaven...life is so much more balanced and manageable when I'm not running around like a madwoman trying to keep all the plates spinning. My children may realize that in fact their middle name is NOT "Hurry!". I may actually get caught up on laundry. I may actually cook more than once a week. I may have time to enjoy life, instead of trying to keep up with it!

Boys are doing well. We are busy with sports...swimming and soccer, and piano too. I never could have done as much with/for them as I'm able to do now that I'm working from home. It just wasn't possible on our old schedule. School is definitely requiring more work at home these days for both of them.

One of the best things about working from home is that I'm able to get regular workouts in. So far, I've exercised 9 out of 11 days since I started the new job. I'm building up my endurance for running, and I'm doing a strength training class a couple of times a week. I can't believe how much better I feel now that I'm able to get some regular exercise under my belt. I need to work on eating less...because that's going to keep me from losing weight....but overall I'm eating better since I've been home. Far less fast food, for sure.

So I'm thinking I might be able to make a more regular go of blogging now that I'm living this new life....we'll see how it goes!

No comments: