Thursday, February 08, 2007

The dust settled....

Things have been better the last couple of weeks. Busy, crazy, but better. I don't feel like I might crumble if the wind blows too hard.

I'm finding renewed interest in work after several months of wondering why I felt so unmotivated and flat about what I was doing, feeling stuck in the job and in this town. Our new superintendent is on board and he has focus and vision for our district, and I'm hopeful that I'm going to get an opportunity to do some new and different things over the next few months. I've been getting to work more directly with the teachers I supervise and spending less time in the preparations for the massive cuts that are just around the corner this spring.

In the last month, the boys have started at the parochial school in town and I've gone back to school one night a week to finish up my assistant superintendent's license. The boys are busy with basketball and studying and playing their Nintendo DS games. We've had three "wind chill" days. I've done two Schools Attuned training sessions here, and I'm getting ready to go for my facilitator training next month. Just trying to keep up with all the details of our collective lives and the house is enough to fill my days right now.

I'm busy busy busy...and oddly, I don't want to see Crash these days....

He's been gone a lot the last month...traveled every no-kid weekend since New Years, and he's missing sex, I think, but I don't switch gears easily, and him wanting to come over in the evening for some necking on the couch or turning every text message exchange into something suggestive is really turning me off. What worked for me was the "every other weekend and once in a while during the week" thing. Him wanting to get together several nights a week is not working. I can't tell if it's just that I'm disconnected and overwhelmed or if it's that I'm cooling off on this friendship-with-sex after nearly two years. I just don't feel it for him right now, and the more I am cool, the more persistant he gets. Men.

8 weeks until we leave for Spring Break. I really should try to lose 20 pounds before then, perhaps. I'll add that to my list.

No comments: